Packages – Settings
The first step to using the Packages module is to set up the options that will determine how packages will be handled by your property or properties. Changes to the original chosen settings can be made at any time.
1. Navigate to Packages > Settings on the left-hand shelf menu in Aptexx.
2. Choose a property from the drop-down menu. If you are choosing options for more than one property, click on “Bulk Apply”. From that screen you can choose the properties to which you would like to make changes, or “Select All” to make your choices apply across all of properties.
3. Choose the Preferred Notification Method from the drop-down menu. You can choose either Email or Text messages. This is the method that will be tried first to alert the resident of a package. If the preferred method is not available, the other method will be tried. For example, if you have chosen an Email notification, but the resident does not have an email address in Aptexx, a text message will be attempted.
4. New Package Notification gives you the ability to change the default new package notification message by adding the new message into the text box.
5. Choose the maximum number of follow up messages you would like to send to your residents. From the drop-down menu, choose between one and five follow up messages.
6. Choose the number of days between follow up messages. You can choose between one and seven days to send out reminders.
7. Choose the time of day you would like the package delivery reminders to be sent. You can choose reminders to be automatically sent on any hour of the day, from midnight to 11 PM Mountain Time.
8. Choose whether or not you would like reminders to be sent on Saturdays.
9. Choose whether or not you would like reminders to be sent on Sundays.
10. Choose whether or not the carrier is a required field. If yes, when entering a package into Aptexx, the receiver will need to choose between UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL or Other. If no, this is an optional field and a package can be entered into Aptexx without this information.
11. Choose whether or not the package size is a required field. If yes, when entering a package into Aptexx the receiver will need to choose between Envelope, Small, Medium, or Large. If no, this is an optional field and a package can be entered into Aptexx without this information.
12. Choose whether or not to show an optional Tracking Number field when entering a package into Aptexx.
13. Choose whether or not to show an optional field for notes that can be used to record additional information about the package.
14. Choose whether or not to show an optional image upload. If yes, the receiver would have the option to take a picture of the package and upload it to the system. A good example of an uploaded picture would show the package's shipping label and size.
15. Click Save Settings.